Auto-service technician (2Y)
Auto-service technician (two-year vocational- technical educational course)
Aims of the educational program
Poleg splošnih ciljev izobraževalni program omogoča dijakom, da:
- acquire the ability to use expertise to solve real-world practical problems in the field,
- master mathematical solving of technical problems in their field of expertise and know how to make analytical and graphical representations
- master proficient terminology,
- be trained to use professional literature, technical and technological documentation, technical regulations and standards,
- master the knowledge of technical documentation,
- know the properties and use of materials in the field of automotive technology,
- gain basic knowledge in areas such as material processing, material transformation and material fusion, etc. …,
- acquire basic knowledge in mechanics, pneumatic systems, hydraulics, electrical engineering and electronics,
- master the measurement and control procedures and the use of measuring and control machines, devices, tools and accessories,
- acquire professional-theoretical and practical knowledge and skills that are important for the quality performance of complex tasks,
- master professional-specific methods of solving tasks and problems, as well as professional decision-making processes,
- be able to make proposals for carrying out vehicle repairs, taking into account the recommendations and instructions of vehicle manufacturers, technical and other regulations, and the wishes and expectations of customers,
- acquire entrepreneurial thinking skills, critical judgment as well as responsible and social behavior in the work environment,
- adhere to and implement the principles and regulations for ensuring occupational health and safety, environmental protection, fire safety and rational use of energy, materials and time, and measures to prevent accidents at work,
- know the importance and goals of developing a personal organizational culture in the workplace and work environment,
- have the knowledge to successfully organize work in their field of work, taking into account cost-effectiveness, quality assurance, time norms, scheduling of orders, etc.,
- master the knowledge for efficient and effective use of modern information and communication technology with the aim of efficient and successful search, evaluation, storage, processing and use of information,
- master specific professional and business communication in Slovenian and at least one foreign language (German, English, etc.),
- have general communication skills (verbal and non-verbal) – written and oral business communication, telephone communication, negotiation techniques, etc.,
- master the management of business-entrepreneurial or working documentation (calculation, work order, billing, complaint, purchase, storage, sale, various records, record of injury, etc.),
- be familiar with the basics of financial management, accounting and bookkeeping, and legislation governing vocational and vocational training, employment law, disability pension and social security, etc.,
- be oriented towards lifelong learning, improving themselves and taking care of their personal development for successful participation in society,
- be able to participate in team and project tasks (cooperative, honesty), resolve conflicts, and organize and manage project and team work.
Upon completion of education, the student will:
- be responsible, tolerant, humane and capable of living in a democratic society,
- be qualified for teamwork and teamwork and participation in project work,
- have a foundation for the development of a personal organizational culture in the workplace and work environment,
- be able to search for rational and professional solutions in the implementation of activities in the work environment,
- be focused on lifelong learning and training,
- be trained in the application of knowledge and skills in new situations,
- have extended general education and developed key competences for successful participation in society, personal development and further education in accordance with national standards of key qualifications.
The training lasts two years. The educational program is evaluated with 120 credits (ECTS).
Enrollment in the educational program is possible for anyone who has successfully completed secondary vocational education and obtained one of the titles of secondary vocational education:
- car repair shop, bodybuilder, car mechanic, car mechanic, car mechanic or car mechanic
- plumber, tinsmith, structural mechanic, toolmaker, machine mechanic, metal designer, fine mechanic, watchmaker, electronics electrician, electrician electrician, mechatronics operator, computer technician, and has three years of auto service experience.
The education program may also enroll who has obtained equivalent education under previous regulations.