Field of employment
It is a profession that is gaining in importance as it is involved in the manufacture, installation and servicing of heating systems, plumbing, air conditioning and gas installations. The installers are field workers, in constant contact with people and are valued as experts who solve problems in all types of home fixtures, which they set up and service. In the companies, they carry out finishing work in the construction of facilities, which they then equip with all the necessary installations.
Plumber can be employed as:
- installers of air conditioning, gas and heating systems,
- operators and supervisors of air-conditioning, gas and heating installations and stations,
- commercial and purchasing officers, sales consultants,
- sales agents or managers, technical equipment dealers…
But a plumber can also become a sole proprietor, opening up even more chances for success in life.
The aims of the educational program
In addition to the general goals of education, the program enables students to::
- master the basics of computer science and informatics and know how to independently use programs in the professional field,
- learn how to mathematically solve technical problems in their profession and understand analytical and graphical statistical representations,
- get to know the basics of entrepreneurship, costs and calculations,
- be trained in the safe and proper handling of work equipment and the protection of the environment from hazardous substances,
- get acquainted with different energy devices and installations and the theory of their operation,
- learn how to describe the components of installations and fixtures and their properties and purpose,
- learn how to sketch simple embroidery and assembly plans,
- learn how to draw up bills of lading, find spare parts in catalogs and order them,
- learn how to integrate lessons learned from different fields of expertise (interdisciplinarity),
- get acquainted with mechanical technologies of design and transformation of metal and non-metallic materials,
- get acquainted with some construction technologies (drilling, grooving…),
- master the technology of installation of machine installations and equipment and repair,
- get acquainted with the technical regulations and standards for testing, commissioning and delivery of energy installations and installations,
- gain a sense of prudent energy use and know how to advise on the choice of energy-efficient measures and the modernization of energy installations and systems,
- learn how to maintain energy devices,
- be able to detect, document and correct errors and disturbances.
Upon completion of education, the student will:
- be responsible, tolerant, humane and capable of living in a democratic society,
- be capable of teamwork and teamwork and collaboration in project work,
- have the foundations for developing a personal organizational culture in the workplace and work environment,
- be able to search for rational and professional solutions in the implementation of activities in the work environment,
- be oriented towards lifelong learning and training,
- be trained in the application of knowledge and skills in new situations,
- extend their general education and develop key competences for successful participation in society, personal development and further education in accordance with national standards of key qualifications.
Duration of education
three years, the educational program is evaluated with 180 credits.
the best possible success from elementary school, interest in the profession and technology in general, precision, diligence and orderliness, good spatial presentation, willingness to learn.
Conditions for promotion
Students who are positive at the end of the school year can be promoted to a higher year from all general education subjects and professional modules of the year of the school curriculum, complete all interesting activities and all obligations of practical training by work, or progress according to the decision of the program teacher assembly.
Conditions for completion
In order to complete education and get a degree, a student must successfully pass a positive assessment:
- general education subjects,
- optional professional modules,
- open part of the curriculum.
In addition, he or she must fulfil the following:
- extracurricular activities,
- obligations in practical training through work,
- final exam.
- written and oral exam in Slovene,
- product or service and advocacy.
After passing the final exam, the installers of mechanical installations can continue their education according to the secondary vocational technical program of mechanical technicians (two years) and complete a vocational matura, which enables them to continue their education at higher or vocational colleges. Students will be able to enroll in university study programs, which, as part of their professional graduation, will complete a fifth course, but these will be determined by the individual faculties to which they wish to enroll. In the very profession, installers of mechanical installations can receive additional training for special jobs at all levels.